- Great Northwest WineGreat whites from the Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition
White wine grapes ripen in Washington’s Columbia Valley. (Photo by Andy Perdue/Great Northwest Wine)
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – At last week’s second annual Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition, white wines were in the spotlight.
Though far more red wines were entered – and far more won gold medals – in the end, a Riesling from British Columbia took best-of-show honors.
But that wasn’t the only big winner. Below are reviews of the rest of the white wines that won double gold or gold medals.
- wawinereport.comThe Northwest Chardonnay Renaissance
- Great Northwest WineWestport Winery NV Message in a Bottle Blackberry Wine, Washington, $30
- Great Northwest Wine14 Hands Winery 2013 Pinot Gris, Washington, $10
- Great Northwest WineLife, times and growing wine empire of Charles Smith
- Great Northwest WineLatah Creek Wine Cellars 2012 Familigia Vineyards Sweet Riesling, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $13
- Great Northwest WineThree Rivers Winery 2013 Riesling, Columbia Valley, $15
- www.centralkitsapreporter.comSyrah continues to thrive in Pacific Northwest | Kitsap Week
- bellinghamherald.comNorthwest Wine: Syrah continues to thrive in Northwest
- www.centralkitsapreporter.comWashington Chardonnay evolves with times, styles | Kitsap Week
- wawinereport.comNorthwest Wine Round-up July 8th to 14th 2014
- The SpokesmanJones wines make most of region's climates
- Great Northwest WineMaryhill Winery 2011 Clifton Hills Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Wahluke Slope, $40
- wawinereport.comChange in Responsibilities at Wine Enthusiast
- heraldnet.comWashington winemakers push the envelope with red blends
- Yakima Herald RepublicNorthwest Wine: Washington winemakers show creativity with red blends
- Great Northwest WineGifford Hirlinger 2010 Estate Merlot, Walla Walla Valley, $34
- Yakima Herald RepublicNorthwest Wine: Syrah continues to thrive in Northwest
- Great Northwest WineDusted Valley Vintners 2011 V.R. Special Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $53
- Great Northwest WineWilliam Grassie Wine Estates 2011 Impératrice, Columbia Valley, $44