Washington Wine Pioneers. Barnard Griffin is the premier family owned winery, one of the largest and one of the oldest in Washington state; an essential stop on any tour of Washington's best wineries. Since 1983. Over 15 different varietals.
Fair, 77° F
Gift Shop, Picnic Area, Reception Facilities, Restaurant / Food, Retail Sales, RV Parking, Tasting Room
Hours of Operation
Barnard Griffin Tasting Room: Open Daily: 10am - 5pm. New Wine Bar and Eatery: Monday - Thursday: 4pm - 9pm Friday & Saturday: Noon - 10pm Live Music on Friday and Saturday nights Sunday: Noon - 5pm Bus and Limousine Tours are welcome with a minimum of 48 hours advance notice.
Open to the Public
Yearly Production (in cases)
Barnard Griffin Ciel du Cheval Merlot
Barnard Griffin Malbec
Barnard Griffin Grenache
Barnard Griffin Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
Barnard Griffin Reserve Chardonnay
Barnard Griffin Cabernet-Merlot Blend
Barnard Griffin Chardonnay
Barnard Griffin Reserve Petit Verdot
Barnard Griffin Reserve Misto Rosso
Barnard Griffin Riesling
Barnard Griffin Reserve Syrah
Barnard Griffin Syrah
Barnard Griffin Barbera
Barnard Griffin Orange Muscat
Barnard Griffin Viognier
Barnard Griffin Sauvignon Blanc ("FUME")
Barnard Griffin Pinot Gris
Barnard Griffin Zinfandel
Barnard Griffin Semillon
Barnard Griffin Rose of Sangiovese
Barnard Griffin Merlot
Barnard Griffin Cabernet Sauvignon
Barnard Griffin Reserve Merlot
Barnard Griffin Fume
92 Barnard Griffin 2009 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
91 Best Buy Barnard Griffin 2012 Fumé Blanc
91 Editors' Choice Barnard Griffin 2012 Roussanne
90 Best Buy Barnard Griffin 2013 Rosé of Sangiovese
90 Best Buy Barnard Griffin 2012 Chardonnay
89 Editors' Choice Barnard Griffin 2011 Merlot
TASTING ROOM: Open Daily: 10 am to 5 pm
Plus, check out their new Wine Bar and Eatery:
Monday - Thursday: 4pm - 9pm
Friday & Saturday: Noon - 10pm
Live Music on Friday and Saturday nights
Sunday: Noon - 5pm
Barnard Griffin is a family-owned winery located in Richland, WA. On a continuing basis, Rob Griffin has been making wine in Washington State longer than anyone. Rob has been making premium wine in Washington since 1977. The Barnard Griffin winery was later founded in 1983 by veteran winemaker Rob and his wife Deborah Barnard.
Here's a brief list of the many, many awards and accolades they have received:
• Barnard Griffin’s Rosé of Sangiovese was rated Best of the Best Roses by the San Francisco Chronicle’s 2014 Wine Competition via their Sweepstake Award and a Double Gold. Their Rose therefore has won Gold or Better in this competition for an unprecedented eight years!
• Wine Enthusiast shared its enthusiasm by awarding this Rose 90 Points and a Best Buy
• 2013 Sunset International Wine Competition awarded Best of Class and Gold to their 2012 Rose of Sangiovese, plus Best of Class and Gold to Barnard Griffin’s 2010 Merlot
• In the Chronicle’s 2014 Wine Competition, their 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon was awarded Gold
• Barnard Griffin’s 2009 Reserve Cabernet was awarded 92 points by Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
• In the same July issue, 2014, their Fume Blanc was awarded 91 Points and a Best Buy
• Wine Enthusiast Magazine awarded 91 Points and Editors' Choice for their 2012 Roussanne
• Barnard Griffin’s Chardonnay won Best of Class at the Chronicle’s 2013 Wine Competition, which is the largest American wine competition in the world.
• In the same competition, Barnard Griffin’s ’08 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon won Gold
• Barnard Griffin’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon was awarded 94 Points by Wine Enthusiast Magazine in 2013
Barnard Griffin is currently producing more than 60,000 cases of wine per year including Albarino, Barbera, Cabernet-Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Ciel du Cheval Merlot, Fume, Grenache, Late Harvest Muscat Canelli, Malbec, Merlot, Orange Muscat, Petit Verdot, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Rosé of Sangiovese, Semillon, Syrah, Syrah Port, Viognier, Zinfandel and a variety of blends.
Barnard Griffin currently produces two labels, both available through retail stores, restaurants, wine clubs and online wine venues. The limited production Reserve Label wines are crafted in very small quantities from the best vineyard lots in the region, using European, French and American oak.
Barnard Griffin's signature Griffin Label wine is available in restaurants and wine shops across the country.
Barnard Griffin selects its grapes from regions throughout Washington state’s Columbia Valley including Wahluke Slope, Horse Heaven Hills, Red Mountain, and other AVA’s.
They work with small family growers and favors long-term contracts with dedicated acreage for vineyard continuity and quality. The winery and tasting room are located at 878 Tulip Lane in Richland, WA. For more information, please visit www.BarnardGriffin.com or call (509) 627-0266.
Library and special release wines are available in the winery.
TASTING ROOM: Open Daily: 10 am to 5 pm
© 2014, Barnard Griffin™ Winery, Richland, WA 99352