Thank you for participating in Washington Wine’s social media communities. Washington Wine has established these Social Media Community Standards to help our community members understand how we approach our social media platforms, and how we maintain and uphold the standards of our community.
Washington Wine’s official social media accounts — Instagram • Facebook • Twitter — are administered and overseen by the Commission’s Communications Team, as well as the Communications Committee of the Board of Commissioners. We highly encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that Washington Wine agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment.
While we do not discriminate against views or opinions posted to our social networking accounts, the administrators of any and all Washington Wine accounts reserve the right to delete comments, replies or other content and interactions that they deem to be in violation of Washington Wine’s Social Media Community Standards or in violation of the social media platforms’ community standards listed below. A comment will not be edited or modified to remove unacceptable content; the entire comment will simply be deleted and/or hidden. The administrators may also take action to report, block or ban users from social media platforms for violations.
Social media engagement that will be removed and reported may include, but is not limited to:
- Harassing, intimidating or threatening comments to another person;
- Comments that incite violence or other action in violation of any federal or state anti-discrimination laws;
- Sexually explicit and sexually vulgar language and profanity;
- Comments that promote illegal activity;
- Solicitations or promotions of products or services of any third party, unless approved in advance by Washington Wine;
- Comments that include false or defamatory information;
- Posts that misrepresent or hide the poster’s identity;
- Comments that violate privacy or confidentiality;
- Comments unrelated to the topic or to the wine community;
- Comments must be from individuals/accounts that are 21+ years old (any comment found to be linked to someone under the age of 21+ will be deleted); and
- Repetitive comments and spam posts.
Additional Community Standards for each social media platform are found here:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/professional-community-policies
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/477434105621119
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.
It is our core belief that wine is a human experience, and therefore, everything we do in the digital space is meant to elevate the experience of Washington Wine. We are just as passionate about sharing our stories as we are about sharing a glass of our wine with you, but we are also keenly aware of the nature of digital marketing, and do not take lightly the influence and responsibility of storytelling. With every post, comment, and engagement, we are committed to upholding the highest standards of inclusivity, equality, and respect. Our Social Media Program is a place for community building, and thus, anything that does not serve to connect individuals across borders of identification could result in being considered against our community standards.
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) efforts will always be ongoing, and so should you have any questions or concerns about our community standards here, or feel we have missed a violation in them online, please contact Heather Bradshaw, Communications Director, at email@example.com.
Thank you for being a local, loyal, and/or vocal fan of Washington Wine’s social media channels.