Washington Advancements in Viticulture and Enology (WAVE) has become the signature research event for Washington's wine industry. Co-sponsored by the Wine Commission and Washington State University, the annual research seminars are designed to bring viticulture and enology research results into the hands of users and raise awareness of the value of research amongst grape growers and winemakers.
WAVE, follows an all-day format to highlight both viticulture and enology research. WAVEx is a condensed version, but with more practical application. WAVEx allows the Wine Commission and WSU to tailor research programming for specific wine regions. WAVEx in 2018 visited Lake Chelan and Woodinville.
Archived WAVE presentations
- Slowing the Spread of Grapevine Viruses - Dr. Naidu Rayapati
- Identifying Red Blotch Virus Vectors - Dr. Doug Walsh
- Irrigating by Variety - Dr. Markus Keller
- Nutrient Management in WA's Irrigated Vineyards - Dr. Joan Davenport
- Impacts of Grape Maturity on Wine Color, Sensory Attributes - Dr. Jim Harbertson
- New Potential for Enhancing Irrigation Efficiency - Dr. Pete Jacoby
- Smoke Taint in Grapes and Wine - Dr. Tom Collins
- Managing Nematodes in Maturing Vineyards - Dr. Michelle Moyer
Please reach out to Melissa Hansen, Research Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.