- Cabernet Sauvignon was the top producing variety grown in the state at 74,400 tons or 29% of the total. Chardonnay was ranked second, at 41,500 tons or 16% of the total.
- Red varieties accounted for 59% of the total production, the same as 2017.
- The top 3 red wines crushed, representing nearly 90% of red wines, grew 10% (compound annual growth rate) over the last 5 years, with a record-breaking year for both Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah.
- Growers received an average of $1,213 per ton for all varieties in 2018, an increase of $7 from the previous year.
- Of all the published varieties, Petit Verdot received the highest average price per ton at $1,675.
To see more information, click the download button above.