- Cabernet Sauvignon was the top producing variety grown in the state at 67,015 tons or 28% of the total. Chardonnay was ranked second, at 39,450 tons or 16% of the total. Both varieties showed significant increase from prior year, with an increase of 32% for Cabernet Sauvignon and 54% increase for Chardonnay.
- The top seven varieties represented 88% of the overall tonnage. Several white varieties experienced a significant increase, specifically Pinot Gris which grew by 70% and Sauvignon Blanc which grew by 54%.
- Overall red varieties experienced an increase of 23% while white varieties experienced a 50% increase. Red varieties accounted for 57% of total production, versus 62% in 2021.
- Growers received an average of $1,370 per ton for all varieties in 2022, a decrease of $90 from the previous year. Mourvèdre saw the largest average price decrease at $911, representing a decrease in average price per ton of 37%. Chardonnay increased the most, by $116 per ton or 13%.
- Cabernet Franc received the highest average price per ton at $2,074 in 2022. In 2021 Cabernet Franc received the thirdhighest price, behind Mourvedre and Petit Verdot.
To see more information, click the download button above.