The Northwest Wine Coalition has in place a strategic plan covering the period from 2020 to 2024.
The plan outlines the organization’s structure, goals, strategic pillars, and key tactics. The Northwest Wine Coalition’s goals include:
- Awareness: Raise awareness for the Northwest as a premium wine growing region among the global wine trade;
- Exports: Increase Northwest wine exports to target markets;
- Growth: Grow the number of Northwest wineries that are active in export and that participate in international activities;
- Success: Demonstrate program success through the quality and quantity of activity and winery success stories submitted to USDA;
- USDA: Effectively utilize USDA and industry resources through participation in the Market Access Program, Agricultural Trade Promotion Program, Global Broad-Based Initiatives, and other programs. This entails being good financial stewards of grant funds and industry resources.
The strategic pillars that have been developed to achieve these objectives include: 1) engage trade and media to increase awareness of Northwest wines; 2) provide education in target markets to develop a global network of ambassadors; 3) spread the Northwest Wine Coalition’s message of the quality and value offered by Northwest wines; 4) Raise stakeholder participation; and 5) Enhance partnership with other U.S. wine cooperators.
For information regarding the International Marketing Program, contact Steve Warner, President of the Washington State Wine Commission, at [email protected].